Citizens Bank and the New Hampshire Union Leader are now accepting applications for the first Champions in Action of 2018, this time in the community arts category. The Champions in Action program provides financial, volunteer and public relations support to local nonprofits.
Nonprofit organizations focused on solving a social need through community-based artistic activity in the community are invited to apply for the Champions award to be announced in January 2018. Applications can be completed online at www.citizensbank.com/community/champions and must be submitted by Aug. 18, at midnight EDT.
Champions in Action is part of Citizens Helping Citizens Strengthen Communities, the bank’s program designed to enhance quality of life and economic vitality in local communities. It provides support for small nonprofit organizations to recognize their contributions to communities throughout New Hampshire.
The selected Champion in Action will receive:
• A $35,000 contribution in unrestricted funds from Citizens Bank.
• Media coverage from the New Hampshire Union Leader, including advertising and editorial support.
• Volunteer support from Citizens and New Hampshire Union Leader colleagues during the nonprofit’s programs.
• The opportunity for the organization’s executive director to participate in a “executive-to-executive” mentorship with a Citizens Bank executive.
• Promotional support highlighting the Champion in Action in Citizens Bank branches.
• Exposure on the Citizens Bank and New Hampshire Union Leader websites.
To be eligible for consideration, an organization must:
• Be a New Hampshire-based nonprofit organization that serves New Hampshire and addresses the designated social concern.
• Provide verification of tax-exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
• Have a total operating budget of $5 million or less.
Citizens Helping Citizens Strengthen Communities is part of the bank’s broader Citizens Helping Citizens program addressing four key areas: hunger, strengthening communities, financial education and volunteerism. Get more information about Citizens Bank’s community initiatives online.