LANCASTER – Northwoods Home Health and Hospice recently exceeded the national average scores in 21 out of the 22 indicators detailed on Home Health Compare. Home Health Compare showcases information about the quality of care provided by "Medicare-certified" home health agencies throughout the nation. "Medicare-certified" means that the home health agency is approved by Medicare and meets certain federal health and safety requirements.
Northwoods earned top 100 scores in many categories including, but not limited to:
• How often the home health team checked patients for pain.
• How often the home health team treated their patients' pain.
• How often patients' wounds healed or improved after an operation.
• How often the home health team checked patients for the risk of developing pressure
• How often the home health team included treatments to prevent pressure sores in the
plan of care.
• How often the home health team took doctor-ordered action to prevent pressure sores.
• How often the home health team checked patients' risk of falling.
• How often the home health team checked patients for depression.
"These superior scores are a testament to the outstanding caregivers of Northwoods Home Health and Hospice," stated Gail Tattan-Giampaolo, executive director. "Our commitment to delivering high-quality, compassionate care is always at the forefront of our efforts."
The information on Home Health Compare provides information to help people to choose a home health agency that has the skilled services they need. The information:
• Helps people learn how well home health agencies care for their patients.
• Shows how often each agency used best practices when caring for its patients and whether patients improved in important areas of care.
• Shows what patients said about their recent home health care experience.
Northwoods Home Health and Hospice provides services throughout Coos County. For more information about available services, please call Ms. Tattan-Giampaolo at 788-5057.