Coos County Representative of the New Hampshire Association of Chiefs of Police

To the editor: As Coos County Representative of the New Hampshire Association of Chiefs of Police, I am proud to announce the support from the following Coos County Law Enforcement executives for Chief Alan Tardif in his campaign for the position of Coos County Sheriff: Sheriff Robert Loven, Coos County Sheriffs Department Chief Dayna Strout, Milan Police Department Chief Edward Samson, Lancaster Police Department Chief Ronald Devoid, Gorham Police Department Chief William Joyce, ...

BHS Sophomore Class

To the editor: The Sophomore class would like to thank all of its donators for a succesful homecoming. Thank-you: Issacson's Structural Steel, Sherwin Williams, Lucy Remillard, P & L Auto Parts, Color Works, Aubuchon Hardware, George Lamphere, Gallant's Automotive, Caron's Building Center, Maureen's Boutique, The Royalty, Irving, Morneau Movers, C & R D.J., Corrigan Screen Printing, Wal-Mart, and Turbo Mechanical. We give a special thank-you to all parents ...

Joseph Murray

As Webmaster for the Berlin/Gorham Lions club, I checked Lions International's Internet listing and found numerous Lions club in Berlin, Germany. I decided to contact one of them to establish a friendship between the two clubs. About three weeks later I received an E-mail from Ralph-Jan Worheide, and the two agreed to continue communicating with each other. Sometimes in August, Ralph sent me an E-mail and expressed his wanting to come visit the United States. I immediately ...

Roland Beausejour

To the editor: I used to be a Republican, but I quit. It has become clear to me that the Republican Party serves the top 2% of the income earners, at the expense of the remaining 98%. This is clear from the actions of our Congressmen, John Sununu and Charlie Bass. In 1993, the Clinton Administration passed a bill known as the Surtax on High Income Taxpayers (HR2264). This bill raised the tax rate from 36% to 39.6% for taxpayers earning over $250,000 per year. By doing this, the ...

Jim Couhie

To the editor: This season I coached a 3/4th grade coed Soccer team for the Gorham Rec. Dept. In thirteen years I have coached hundreds of kids and many teams in soccer, basketball and baseball. Though our win/loss record is not great, this group of players, a team, has been a real pleasure to be around. Every team and player is special in their own way. These fourteen young people made this season very special. All the players gave a 100 percent effort every game and every practice. ...